Protest for FF quota restoration continues, rally Saturday
Protest continues for demanding 30 percent quota restoration for the family members of Freedom Fighters, in public service government jobs.
The protesters, under the banner of ‘Muktijoddha Sangsad Sontan Command’ (a unity of Freedom Fighters’ children), have blocked the Shahbagh intersection Thursday (Oct 4).
“We will continue our protest programme as until the demand is met,” said Sheikh Atikur Rahman, president of Muktijoddha Sangsad Sontan Command, adding that they will hold a grand rally on Saturday in the capital.
Earlier in the morning, Mehedy Hasan, former president of the command, said they were planning to shift their movement venue from Shahbagh to National Museum as it created traffic jam in the area. But their programme was running at Shahbagh tilling the report at 1pm.
Muktijoddha Sangsad Sontan Command, blocked the Shahbagh intersection in the capital on Wednesday night after the cabinet abolished quotas in class I and II government jobs.
Earlier, on September 17, the quota observation committee recommended for abolishing quota in first and second class government jobs.
The committee led by the Cabinet Secretary Shafiul Alam submitted its report to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.